We can see people who eat all the junk food that shouldn’t but don’t gain weight and also others who always focus on their proper diet but can’t seem to lose weight.
Here metabolism comes into the picture.
If you have never tried before to gain weight then you probably think that it is an easier task than eating well and waiting for the result. But, in many cases, weight gaining depends on several factors including a fast-building metabolism.
If you are looking for a fast metabolism that impacts your weight or looking for how to gain weight with a fast metabolism, stick with this article.
What is metabolism?
Metabolism is the chemical reaction for a living being that makes and breaks down the necessity of energy in life. In simple words, it is the rate at which your body burns calories or expends energy.
Your body can burn calories in different ways:
- By doing exercise
- Through workouts and daily activities
- The basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the body’s energy rate that is expanded at rest. In addition, BMR is a part of your inherited genres.
As metabolism is partly generic, sometimes you don’t have control over it. Some other factors have a greater impact on metabolism including body size and composition, hormones, gender, diet, drugs, etc.
The approaches to gaining weight with a fast metabolism differ from female to male.
Activities enhance our metabolism-
There are plenty of easy and effective ways to improve your metabolism. Many of them are involved with a little change in your diet and your lifestyle. You can take some measures to enhance your metabolism such as:
- Eat all day of a smaller portion of meals
- Get active all-day
- Wake up earlier
- Weight training
- Take vitamin B
- Enough sleep
- Drink plenty of water
- Quit smoking and alcohol
- Reduce stress
- Eat at regular times
- Eat more proteins
- Eat enough calories
- Take spicy meals
- Avoid drinking water before meals
Find out why Can’t You Gain Weight?
Genetics plays a big role for someone, it causes lean body type. For others, underlying medical treatments can cause weight loss.
Several conditions can prevent your weight gaining; including:
- Eating disorders: This includes anorexia nervosa; which is a serious mental health disorder.
- Celiac disease: this is the most severe form of gluten intolerance.
- Thyroid problems: you need to check for your thyroid levels as people with a lower level of thyroid may have a slower metabolism.
- Diabetes: if you are suffering from uncontrolled diabetes then you may have problems that lead to weight gaining.
- Cancer: cancer causes the body to be in a hypercatabolic state which may lead to losing weight very fast. It also makes it difficult for gaining weight.
- Infections: certain infections may prevent weight gaining. Some of these are parasites, tuberculosis, HIV, and many more.
- Inflammatory bowel disorder: inflammatory bowel disease harms someone’s weight to maintain.
How to gain weight with a fast metabolism, male? –
There is a variety of reasons that you are wanting to gain weight. Below, we have outlined some of the ways to help you in gaining weight.
Eat more proteins:
Some people eat more to gain weight fast. But you must eat as much as you need. Eating more food can temporarily increase your metabolism but it will never stay for a longer period.
You need to increase your protein intake which will support muscle growth. If you can combine your protein intake with regular weight training, it will increase your muscle mass. You need to consume 0.8 to 0.2 gm of protein per kilogram with your body weight will healthily increase your weight.
Some of the best protein-rich options include:
- Greek yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Beans and legumes
- Weight Training
Weight training at least three times a week will healthily increase your body weight. This will lead to maintaining lean muscle mass. A compound movement is a way by which you can build muscle effectively.
These weight-training activities involve squats, bench presses, pushups, lunges, crunches, and so on.
If you initiate to work out regularly then you must focus on your calorie intake. You need to provide sufficient calories to your body.
Eat food with fibrous carbohydrates:
If you include fibrous carbohydrates and healthful fats in each meal then it will help you in increasing the number of calories and nutrients in the diet. This food will provide you with a sufficient amount of energy source that you require to maintain a regular workout.
You need to intake whole food sources of carbohydrates such as beans, and brown rice, avoiding processed and refined sources.
You need to distinguish healthful and unhealthful food. Healthful fats naturally can get in vegetable oil, nuts, avocado, and fish. Unhealthful fats are found in fried and baked food such as beef, pork, and lamb.
Eat more energy-dense food:
Nutrient-dense foods are filled with protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals that contribute to a well-balanced diet. When you are looking to weight gaining then you need to focus on more energy-dense foods.
You need to avoid taking junk foods as it will lead to unhealthy weight gaining. Some of the energy-dense foods are peanut butter, sweet potatoes, dried fruits, nuts, whole grains, etc.
Drink lots of water:
Water is vital for keeping your body healthy. You need to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. It will help in the digestion of your food. You should avoid sodas and beverages.
Increase meal frequency:
Increasing the frequency of smaller meals is an effective way to rich and maintain your body’s calorie surplus requirements. If you are taking fewer meals then you may not experience an appetite for a larger meal for a longer period.
This will boost your metabolism and it is the easiest way to reach your daily nutrients. You need to wake up very earlier in the morning and distribute your meal in small bowls.
You need to spread your smaller bowls in 2 to 3 hours. You need to be constant on the path to see the result.
How to gain weight with a fast metabolism female?-
Embarking on the journey of weight gaining sometimes can be exhausting. If you are struggling to gain weight then you can consider the following factors and grow in the way in want.
Calculate your BMR (basal Metabolic rate)
Before going forward to plan for your weight-gaining strategies you need to calculate your BMR. Your BMR report will inform you how many calories you burn while performing basic metabolic activities such as respiration, sleeping, pumping blood, etc.
Once you will know your BMR report then you can calculate the number of calories that you require daily to meet your body’s requirements.
You can use any of the online BMR calculators for calculating the BMR report.
Increase your protein intake:
When you have a fast metabolism then your calories will be burnt rapidly. So, to get the best result you need to keep protein-rich food in your diet multiple times a day. You can take 6 smaller meals instead of larger meals. You need to keep high-protein dietary products such as meat, eggs, beans, milk, nut, pulses, grains, etc.
Engage in strong training:
If you are attempting in gaining weight then you need to perform cardio activities with aerobics will burn more calories. If you engage yourself in strength training such as lifting weights then the excess calories will be burnt. This excess calorie you have taken for building the muscles.
The best part is that you will get a better and healthier figure.
Make some simple lifestyle changes:
Your lifestyle plays a significant role in your machine and your overall fitness. If you can adopt some simple changes in your day-to-day life then you will get a better metabolism and get an optimum way to gain weight.
- Stay hydrated: if you are focusing on healthy weight gain then you need to drink water more. Healthy hydrating will ensure the building of muscle mass, a strong immune system, and the processing of your calories.
- Unwind stress: stress will harm your digestive system and will affect your fast metabolism. If you can unwind your stress then it will decrease your cortisol levels and increase your muscle mass.
- Take a night of proper sleep: poor sleep may lead to obesity and unhealthy weight gaining. So, you need to maintain a quality sleep pattern each night.
- Be creative with food:
Improving some creativity in your daily meals can go a long way in your weight-gaining journey. You only need to mix and match the fast metabolism foods with your everyday meals. You can bring some of the new additions such as spices, yogurt, sauces, avocado, olive oil, and nuts.
You can also have protein shakes enhanced with full-fat cream and blended with some other items such as fruits, honey, pats, peanut butter, etc.
Risks Associated With Being Underweight
Being underweight can harm your health. Studies have shown that underweight people have more chances of death compared to obese individuals. However, people face some of the following problems with being underweight:
- Osteoporosis: being underweight increases the chance of a woman’s risk of osteoporosis. In which bones to have prone to breaking.
- Skin, hair, and teeth problems: people who don’t get a sufficient diet in their daily meals, may face physical problems. These issues include teeth problems, skin issues, hair thinning, and breakage.
- Feeling tired all day: calories are essential to provide particular energy to a person. If a person doesn’t get enough calories then he can’t be able in maintaining the proper weight. He may feel fatigued all day.
- Anemia: a person who has underweight may have a chance of low blood count. This is known as Anemia. This will lead to headaches, fatigue, and dizziness.
- Irregular period: Women who have not underweight may not experience regular periods. An irregular period can cause infertility.
- Premature birth: A pregnant woman who is underweight has a great chance to deliver a premature baby.
- Falling sick frequently: if a person is not taking proper nutrients from the diet then he will not be able to fight the infections. So, he will fall sick frequently.
Sometimes a healthy weight can be an ambiguous factor and we all blame the metabolism. Eating the proper food portions loaded with nutritious calories, proper sleep, and a healthy lifestyle will help you to gain weight naturally.
But you must remember that weight gaining is a slow process with lots of challenges. You will keep patience and consistency to be on the same track to see the result. You will be amazed to get your desired figure.