Do you know what makes the food tasty? Obviously, it is the perfect blend of ingredients that makes the food tasty.
Likewise, it is the ingredients that make any cosmetics effective and complete. If you are a person who has used cosmetics of different brands but still struggling to have clear skin, then you should include meadowfoam seed oil in your skincare routine.
Some of you might have heard about the meadowfoam seed oil but there are people out there who still don’t have any idea about the skin-saving power of this oil, which indicates the low popularity of the oil when compared to olive and coconut oils. Well, let us have a deeper look into the uses and benefits of Meadowfoam Seed Oil.
What is Meadowfoam Seed Oil?
This plant-based oil, the meadowfoam seed oil, is extracted from a white flowering native plant (Limnanthus alba) of Oregon, California, and Western Canada. The seeds of meadowfoam are highly rich in fatty acids and antioxidants, therefore used in many skincare and hair care products.
The unique chemical composition in the oil has the ability to moisturize hair and skin without leaving the greasy feeling you may experience while using other products. When used with other ingredients, it helps in thickening the product as well.
Unlike other regular oils which we use on the face and body, the meadowfoam seed oil does not go bad or change the odor when exposed to sun and light.
How does it work?
Usually, we use face oils at the final stage of skincare, because only this way the moisture and benefits of previous stages can be locked in the skin. There are two ways to use meadowfoam seed oil;
- Add a few drops of the oil to your daily moisture cream or hydrating serum after cleansing.
- You can apply two or three drops of the oil directly onto your hair or skin during the night and wash it out by morning.
The Meadowfoam seed oil is capable of locking the moisture and allows the formulas to pierce into the skin surface. But the real superpower of this oil lies in its ability to achieve balance in complexion.
The composition of the meadowfoam oil is similar to that of sebum (your skin’s oil), which creates a big difference in maintaining your face in a sweet spot without becoming too oily and excessively dry.
Benefits of Meadowfoam Seed Oil
- Locks moisture – the meadowfoam seed oil works similarly to the skin oil and locks the moisture in and prevents the skin from becoming too dry even after being exposed to light or sun.
- Balances the production of sebum – According to soulfactors blog the oil serves the purpose of sebum, it is capable of balancing the production of the sebum naturally as it can get easily absorbed in the skin without the greasy feeling.
- Fight against aging – the powerful antioxidants in the meadowfoam seed oil help in protecting the skin from free-radical damage and from the sun.
- Softens skin – as mentioned before, the oil seals the moisture in the skin and helps in keeping the skin hydrated, soft, and smooth.
- Act as an emollient – it is very important to protect your skin and that is why meadowfoam seed oil is used to give a protective shield over your skin, not only to lock moisture but also to save it from damage.
- Removes stretch marks – several studies have proven that meadowfoam seed oil when mixed with cocoa butter, shea butter, and olive oil, can remove stretch marks to an extent.
- For hair protection – it is capable of keeping your hair hydrated which avoids the frizz, brittle, tangled, and dry nature of your hair.
There are no products in the world without minimal side effects at least especially when it comes to cosmetics or beauty products. Some people are allergic to certain compounds in beauty products which may result in minor to severe troubles.
Meadowfoam seed oil is not one of the oils that have an irritating texture and it is not greasy like other oils too but it is always safe to try the oil on any not-so-visible part of your skin such as inside your forearm.
If you are allergic, rashes, redness, swelling, or inflammation may also show up in the oil-applied area. In such cases, immediately discontinue the product and seek medical assistance.
Meadowfoam seed is one of the most stable as far as oil is concerned, in the opinion of many dermatologists. The meadowfoam seed oil has the ability to hydrate the skin and hair by building a barrier to lock in moisture from escaping.
The fact is that meadowfoam seed oil is environmentally friendly without added chemicals, which makes the oil stand out from other oils.